Three-year-old Emily has proven that we can all be inspired by young people. That might sound funny coming from me, at 11 years old, but Emily just gave me a huge dose of WOW! I could tell you about the video, but I think I would rather let Emily tell you in her own words and way.
Here are 5 big things that made me think “wow, we can learn a lot from Emily”:
- You are not too young to care for others. 3 year old Emily has compassion and empathy for young children who are sick.
- For Emily, her hair is a renewable resource – she knew it would grow back and she said she had lots and lots.
- She saw something to give to someone that needs it. We all have something to give.
- Emily gave her hair without knowing who the recipient was. The recipient did not know who the donor was, this is the highest level of charity.
- You are never too young to make a difference.
I hope that Emily inspires you to be aware of the need and circumstances of others and to always give what you can.